Saturday, February 02, 2008

Back to the future

Back to the grind. Things are back to where they were, except for the rejuvenating trip to home. And though I had hoped that my last semester would be a bit relaxed, its seeming to be otherwise. With lots of things on my plate and deadlines and more deadlines its going to be a ride....which I must say is without much choice. Or should I say a choice which I don't have the courage to change. And it feels frustratingly bad when you are in such a situation, 'cause you are not in the driver's seat. A Matrix quote for the context, in the words of the Oracle:

"Because you didn't come here to make the choice, you've already made it. You're here to try to understand *why* you made it. I thought you'd have figured that out by now."

The driver's seat reminds me, I can't take it yet...one more of my procrastinations, and on my todo list for this semester. The list is kind of overwhelming but I have started acting on it, with few things in place already, should keep that pace, and I should be more than done.

The trip back home was pretty introspective. It made the "big picture" even more fuzzier. I realized that I knew little about where I might be headed than I thought I did, which is good. Getting back to where I left, lets see how it goes all the way back, to the future.

5 comments:

Tapasya said...

Life is all about uncertainty and randomness...we would get bored of it if we could predict accurately!

Nice post :)

Natasha said...

Hey. You don't have to think very far in the future... I haven't. I know that for the next 2 years i wanna be here, after that who knows.

I agree that you have a very tight schedule. Don't question if you don't have the courage. I'm sure you do. But no 2 people ever have the same circumstances, hence your decisions are yours alone.

This is the last sem. Keep plugging away. Jan is already over, and before you know it, we'll be at the end of April, awaiting graduation :). Good luck and keep the posts coming.

Parag said...

Tapasya < I don't want to know all things, but I at least want to be in control of a few.

Natasha < thanks for your helping words, I completely agree to what you say.

Anonymous said...

Parag,

I read your posts after a long time. They are superb. As far as this one goes, couldn't agree with you more....very rarely does one find himself in the driver's seat...

All the best for the upcoming things on your 'to-do' list. It seems you have managed to be as organized as you were 7 years ago...

Parag said...

thanks Asit...loong time. And haven't been really organized, trying to be now..