Monday, March 13, 2006

Expectations...

Just read Deception Point by Dan Brown. He proves once and again that he writes is blockbuster material. I have read 3 out of the 4 known books he has published and believe me if i were a director i would have really liked making movies on his stories.

The most important part of his novels is the amazingly high intelligence and technical desciptions provided. I mean this guy can write in depth about the history of christianity, the dynamics of quantum physics, space science and even geology. He makes you feel that his characters are real PhDs not just degree holders that are a part of a story. I have never read novels earlier that are also a source of GK.

He has this tact to relate the fiction and hard fact. Like the NASA-White house thingie in Deception Point, and the European architecture and landmarks in Angels & Daemons. Now the fourth one remains to be read, Digital Fortress. I hope it will be as much entertaining.

I had taken up "Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance", with a lot of expectations. But i don't know...it doesn't appeal, the story is on the same page even after a some 50 pages.I heard similar views about "The Monk who sold his Ferrari"...supposedly it is the bestseller in Indian markets since some time now.

And believe me Angels & Daemons is better than The Da Vinci Code.

Category [ _Unfiled_ ]

1 comment:

Sudeep said...

I have read his Da Vinci n Digital Fortress.. both were gud..
i have tht movie-making feeling for every book i read.. lol